Pages

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Graduate School and First Year Prep

It's time for new beginnings. 
I started graduate school about a week ago, and met with teachers to discuss next school year recently as well. I am working toward a masters in secondary education with an English concentration, and will be teaching American literature to Juniors. 

I am beyond excited for this next chapter. I have a lot of work ahead of me and am looking forward to many opportunities to learn and grow. The teachers I will be working with are incredibly helpful already, and I couldn't be more grateful for that. 


Hopefully my classroom never gets quite this out of hand, but as teachers we've all been in situations that felt very chaotic. It's great to know I will be working with talented, enthusiastic teachers as I get my bearings in the classroom. I've been excitedly reading and planning for the past several days, and hope my enthusiasm continues because I have tons to do! If you have any advice for a new teacher (especially in terms of planning, time management that first year, etc.) I'd love to hear it!

No comments:

Post a Comment